Next time you’re outside in your Dallas backyard living environment, give some of these swimming pool yoga exercises a try!
One of the hottest fitness crazes to hit gyms across the nation is swimming pool yoga. The reason: you burn more calories and get more resistance while taking the pressure off of your bones, muscles and joints. The best part is, if you have a pool in your backyard, then you can start enjoying these benefits today.
The Water Cobra
What’s great about performing this yoga move in the water is that you can stretch further than you would be able to with traditional yoga since there’s no floor in front of you. To do this move:
- Stand 2 feet or so away from the wall of the pool.
- Place both your forearms and your hands against the wall, wrapping your fingers around the rim of the pool.
- Without moving your feet, look up, lean back and increase the natural curve in your back so that your abs are stretched out.
- Rise up so that you are on your toes, and hold for five breaths.
The Water Stork
Performing the stork in the water allows yogis to balance better, so you’ll get a better, deeper stretch than if you were to perform traditional yoga. To perform this move:
- While standing, lift up your right leg so that it is straight yet with the knee bent. Your toes should stay pointed.
- With your left heel pressed into the pool’s floor, reach forward towards the big toe on your right foot with your right hand. Slowly straighten out your right leg so that your entire leg is parallel to the bottom of the pool, and push your foot against your fingers for a deeper stretch. Hold this for a few breaths.
- Switch to your left leg, repeating the procedure above.
The Water Backbend
The natural buoyancy of the water makes performing the backbend in the pool easier than on land. The result: you’ll get a better stretch through your chest and your abs. Here’s how you can perform this move:
- Position yourself 2 to 3 feet away from the wall of the pool, facing away from the wall.
- Look up and slowly arch your back backwards. Raise your arms and reach out behind you.
- Grab the wall and breath, making sure to hold the stretch.
- Shuffle your feet backwards a few inches and then hold for a few breaths.
— For professional pool leak detection, repair, pool cleaning, pool maintenance and service or water chemistry assistance in the Dallas area, contact Dolphin Pool Supply and Service. To find more helpful tips on caring for your pool, subscribe to our blog or find us on Facebook. Dolphin Pool Supply & Service is a full service pool retailer serving Dallas and Flower Mound with two locations. We offer a full range of pool and spa equipment, pool and spa chemicals, pool toys and games, and Jacuzzi hot tubs. We also provide expert pool cleaning, pool maintenance and pool remodeling throughout Dallas and Fort Worth.
About Dolphin Pool Supply and Service
Dolphin Pool Supply is an employee-owned company which has been in the business of swimming pool supply and services since 1957. Dolphin Pool Supply values customers as the most important asset of the business taking their every need with high regard to ensure client satisfaction.
Dolphin Pool Supply provides swimming pool supplies and services in Dallas and Flower Mound.
For more Dallas Pool Service and Supply tips, subscribe to their blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ them on Facebook. For information about Dallas Pool Service, Maintenance, Renovations and more contact Dolphin Pool Supply Today!