Cloudy pool water can arise from a number of situations. This could include algae, poor filtration, improper water chemistry, large amounts of debris, as well as many more possibilities. We have come up with a 3-step solution to help resolve your cloudy pool water issue.
Step One: Check the Mechanics and Your Equipment Operation
- You want to ensure that you are running your pump and filtering your pool at least 8 to 12 hours each day. If you are already doing this or the water is extremely murky, consider increasing this time.
- Make sure your filter does not need cleaning or backwashing. This could cause low or no flow through your filter. If you are unsure, Dolphin’s pool professionals would be happy to come out and verify your equipment is working properly.
Step Two: Check the Water Chemistry
- Improper water chemistry is a very likely cause of cloudy pool water. Water should be tested on a weekly basis. It is important to keep a consistent maintenance routine.
- Keep a proper free available chlorine level of 1-3 ppm, for maximum sanitation. We recommend the Poollife MPT Extra chlorine tablets, fed through a 4 lb. floating chlorinator or an auto-feeder at the equipment.
- Poor pool shocking can be cause of cloudy water. Pools should be shocked AT LEAST every 10 days to 2 weeks in the summer. The best shock product on the market is TurboShock; it is the strongest available.
Step Three: Keep Up Regular Maintenance
- One of the best ways to prevent a cloudy pool is to keep up regular maintenance.
- Dolphin recommends the 3-Step Poollife process for easy maintenance: 1. Sanitizer, 2. Oxidizer, and 3. Algaecide. You can read more about the process here.
- If you are busy like we all are, let Dolphin help keep up that pool maintenance routine for you! We offer great weekly and one-time services to keep that pool sparkling!
About Dolphin Pool Supply and Service
Dolphin Pool Supply is an employee-owned company which has been in the business of swimming pool supply and services since 1957. Dolphin Pool Supply values customers as the most important asset of the business taking their every need with high regard to ensure client satisfaction.
Dolphin Pool Supply provides swimming pool supplies and services in Dallas and Flower Mound.
For more Dallas Pool Service and Supply tips, subscribe to their blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ them on Facebook. For information about Dallas Pool Service, Maintenance, Renovations and more contact Dolphin Pool Supply Today!