Are you celebrating the Fourth of July with the whole family? Enjoy the national holiday with some help from your favorite Dallas pool service company!
Keep your backyard environment festive by getting the kids together to create these fun, pool noodle firecracker decorations. Then, snack on some patriotic cookies while you enjoy the fireworks by your Dallas swimming pool! Happy 4th of July from Dolphin Pool Supply and Service!
Pool Noodle Firecrackers
They’re easy to make and are sure to add a little flare to the pool area
scrapbook paper of your choice (the large size)
4th of July spray picks (Hobby Lobby .99 each )
1. Cut your pool noodle to the desire sizes with a serrated knife. I wanted three. Two are the same and one is slightly larger.
2. Measure your scrap paper to fit around the firecrackers. Roll the paper until it wraps back around itself and draw a straight line leaving a little to slightly overlap.
3. Spread Mod Podge on noodle and carefully roll paper onto noodle applying additional Mod Podge if needed to get a good adhesion. Tuck cut edge of paper under factory cute edge to have a nice clean seam. Allow to dry.
4. Cut a circle out of the paper to fit the top of the noodle. Lay circle on top of noodle and poke hole through top with pencil before gluing down. Make sure to match seams up so none of the noodle shows though Allow to dry.
5. Trim with decorative ribbon if desired.
6. Spray with two coats of polyacrylic spray for a water resistant finish.
7. Insert spray into top and through hole in noodle. Trim off any of the end that is below bottom of noodle.
8. Run skewer through bottom of the noodle and into the foam to attach securely.
9. Insert into pot or arrangement of choice. Or you can set them on a table without the skewers.
With their red and blue sprinkles, these cookies are as pretty as they are delicious!
Makes 30-32 cookies
1 box french vanilla cake mix, 18.25 oz*
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C red sprinkles
1/2 C blue sprinkles
*Make sure to use the right size of cake mix.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the sprinkles. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet or silpat.
Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack. The cookies will be very soft at first. Cool and enjoy!
— For professional pool leak detection, repair, pool cleaning, pool maintenance and service or water chemistry assistance in the Dallas area, contact Dolphin Pool Supply and Service. To find more helpful tips on caring for your pool, subscribe to our blog or find us on Facebook. Dolphin Pool Supply & Service is a full service pool retailer serving Dallas and Flower Mound with two locations. We offer a full range of pool and spa equipment, pool and spa chemicals, pool toys and games, and Jacuzzi hot tubs. We also provide expert pool cleaning, pool maintenance and pool remodeling throughout Dallas and Fort Worth.
About Dolphin Pool Supply and Service
Dolphin Pool Supply is an employee-owned company which has been in the business of swimming pool supply and services since 1957. Dolphin Pool Supply values customers as the most important asset of the business taking their every need with high regard to ensure client satisfaction.
Dolphin Pool Supply provides swimming pool supplies and services in Dallas and Flower Mound.
For more Dallas Pool Service and Supply tips, subscribe to their blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ them on Facebook. For information about Dallas Pool Service, Maintenance, Renovations and more contact Dolphin Pool Supply Today!