While owning a Dallas swimming pool is a lot of fun, it is a big responsibility. There are a few things you can do on a daily and weekly basis to keep the pool running at it’s best and to prevent future issues.
Daily Swimming Pool Maintenance
- Test pH and free chlorine levels
- Run the pool filter at least eight to 10 hours a day. Set the timer or make a note to run it manually so you remember.
- Empty the skimmer baskets
- Make sure chlorine is added
- Skim the pool for leaves and other unwanted floating debris
Weekly Swimming Pool Maintenance
- Clean the filter
- Test and adjust chlorine, pH and alkalinity levels
- Brush the walls and floor
- Vacuum pool floor and walls
- Add shock and algaecide
- Empty skimmer baskets
- Check to make sure slide and diving board fittings (if applicable) are secure
- Check water return flow to make sure any chemicals that are added will effectively mix with water
- Clean the decking
For professional pool leak detection, repair, pool cleaning, pool maintenance and service or water chemistry assistance in the Dallas area, contact Dolphin Pool Supply and Service. To find more helpful tips on caring for your pool, subscribe to our blog or find us on Facebook.
Dolphin Pool Supply & Service is a full service pool retailer serving Dallas and Flower Mound with two locations. We offer a full range of pool and spa equipment, pool and spa chemicals, pool toys and games, and Jacuzzi hot tubs. We also provide expert pool cleaning, pool maintenance and pool remodeling throughout Dallas and Fort Worth.