Cedar Planked Salmon
This 5 star recipe has received 248 reviews on Allrecipes.com and is so simple to prepare. The cedar plank (available on the barbecue isle at most grocery chains this time of year) gives the salmon a delicious smokey flavor while you grill it. Serve it with seasoned rice and veg or with cole slaw and potato salad. Either way, it’s a healthy treat the whole family will love. Ingredients:
- 3 (12 inch) untreated cedar planks
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (2 pound) salmon fillets, skin removed
- Soak the cedar planks for at least 1 hour in warm water. Soak longer if you have time.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Place the salmon fillets in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to one hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Place the planks on the grate. The boards are ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little.
- Place the salmon fillets onto the planks and discard the marinade. Cover, and grill for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when you can flake it with a fork. It will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill.
Sweet Restaurant Slaw
This delectable cole slaw has been given 5 stars on Allrecipes.com and received 1,529 reviews. It’s a tried and true recipe that will make a wonderful addition to any Memorial Day barbecue.
Ingredients: (Serves 8)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2/3 cup creamy salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip™)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Combine the coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and poppy seeds in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
— For professional pool leak detection, repair, pool cleaning, pool maintenance and service or water chemistry assistance in the Dallas area, contact Dolphin Pool Supply and Service. To find more helpful tips on caring for your pool, subscribe to our blog or find us on Facebook. Dolphin Pool Supply & Service is a full service pool retailer serving Dallas and Flower Mound with two locations. We offer a full range of pool and spa equipment, pool and spa chemicals, pool toys and games, and Jacuzzi hot tubs. We also provide expert pool cleaning, pool maintenance and pool remodeling throughout Dallas and Fort Worth.
About Dolphin Pool Supply and Service
Dolphin Pool Supply is an employee-owned company which has been in the business of swimming pool supply and services since 1957. Dolphin Pool Supply values customers as the most important asset of the business taking their every need with high regard to ensure client satisfaction.
Dolphin Pool Supply provides swimming pool supplies and services in Dallas and Flower Mound.
For more Dallas Pool Service and Supply tips, subscribe to their blog and YouTube Channel or ‘Like’ them on Facebook. For information about Dallas Pool Service, Maintenance, Renovations and more contact Dolphin Pool Supply Today!